Monday, February 11, 2008

The Return

Since I quit tending to my myspace account, my passion for blogging has long subsided. However, with the discovery of this neat little site my urge has been reignited.

I'm pissed off.

Right now I am working on a persuasive speech about violence in the media (all sorts, not just video games) and it bothers me to think about how many people ignore the facts about studies around this issue.

1) The media we take in is purely choice. If you don't want to watch gun slinging badasses on fox, the turn on the fucking discovery channel.

2) Studies show that violent media stimulates an organ in the brain called the amygdala, an organ in the lymbic system that controls fighting, feeding, fleeing, and fucking. How about we pay attention to the other triggers the amygdala controls other then fighting.

3) Parental units need to stop blaming society's problems on the media and start pointing the finger at themselves.

4) If you don't want your kid getting a hold of violent video games, don't shell out 60 dollars to purchase them Manhunt 2 or Grand Theft Auto. Parents can act as a filter in deciding what's appropriate and what truly isn't.

I hope that my presentation can come off as sharp tongued as this.

Anyway, look for more rants to come. For now, I must away.

1 comment:

HitchcockianTwist said...

Ironically I had to give a group speech on the very same subject at IPFW so if you need any material, let me know.